Responsibilities & Services
The Public Works Department provides community services that include public health, safety, environmental quality, and citizen convenience. These efforts primarily include planning, engineering, operation, maintenance, and replacement of the city's infrastructure.
The City of Dunbar Public Works includes the departments of Refuse Collection, Street Maintenance, Traffic Engineering, Public Grounds and Equipment Maintenance.
- Refuse Collection - This department is responsible for the garbage collection in the city limits.
- Street Maintenance - This department oversees the maintenance of the city streets, alley's street signs, street striping, curb painting. It is also responsible for ditch line and drain maintenance.
- Bulky items, extra trash, and limbs -
These items are to be picked up by a called-in
request to our department. The telephone number is listed below.
- Public Grounds - Grass cutting of city right-of-ways around the city and other public grounds.
- Curbside Recycling - The City of Dunbar provides two recycle wards a week.
Our current schedule is:
Ward 1 - 1st and 3rd Tuesdays
Ward 2 - 2nd and 4th Tuesdays
Ward 3 - 1st and 3rd Thursdays
Ward 4 - 2nd and 4th Thursdays
- Paint Disposal - Old paint cans may be disposed if the paint is completely hardened and dried. Paint cans must be double-bagged with only a maximum of two cans per bag.